- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of virgin coconut oil
- 8 cups of mixed salad greens or spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Rinse under cool water and pat dry using a clean kitchen towel or parchment.
- On a chopping board, cut the chicken into strips somewhere between ½ an inch and an inch thick. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine coconut flakes, almond flour and salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, crack eggs and beat lightly.
- Dip the chicken strips first in the egg and then roll in the coconut/almond flour mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken strips until the exterior turns a golden brown and the inside is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and place atop a bed of mixed greens.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. Serves 4.